This afternoon, the President of the United States, top U.S. health officials, and the Harris County health department made several recommendations encouraging the general public to avoid groups of more than ten people. The recommendations also advise that we should avoid places where people gather, such as churches and gyms. The goal of these new recommendations is to prevent the rapid and uncontrollable spread of the COVID-19 virus.
In light of this new information, I have made the tough decision to suspend all CrossFit, Forever Young, and ChargerX youth classes effective Tuesday at 7 AM, i.e. we will still have classes at 5 AM and 6 AM on Tuesday. (Please keep reading for the good news!)
Clancie is asking that all Forever Young class members show up to class tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10 AM so that she can share with you exactly how she will continue coaching you and building the Forever Young community.
Personal training sessions will continue. (In fact, if you’re interested in personal training, please let your coach know.)
But here’s the good news… your coaches and I will not ask you to sacrifice the buffer of health and fitness you have already built during this time. Instead, we will provide online training options to keep your immunity and fitness levels high.
The online program is regularly $289/month, but we’re going to give it to you for the price of your ongoing monthly membership. We are also offering two additional bonuses: (1) online “group training” via Facebook Live, plus (2) your choice of a piece of equipment to check-out from the gym.
Here’s how it works:
- If you want to take equipment home for your own use, you are welcome to checkout your choice of one piece of workout equipment to take home starting at 8:30 AM on Tuesday. You are welcome to keep the equipment until we re-open or you may trade-in the equipment for something else later. Here are your options (Remember… only choose one):
- Two dumbbells
- One kettlebell
- One Plate
- Jump rope
- Weighted vest
- Sand bag
- Barbells are not available to take home. The GHD is also unavailable. 🙂
- Every weekday morning at 7:30 AM and Saturdays at 9:00 AM, a coach will do the workout and stream it on Facebook Live. One FANTASTIC option is for you to do the workout while watching the coach. Only dumbbells, kettlebells, or boxes will be used for the workouts. All you have to do is go to our private Facebook page to watch (https://www.facebook.com/groups/crossfitfulshear/). The video will also be saved to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC76DSD1FGiIwT3LlA7bP3-g) if you prefer to watch it later. Ask your coach for modifications based on the equipment you have at home!
- Your coach will be contacting you via text message or phone call every day to see how you’re doing, make sure you have access to Facebook or if they need to send you the link to the workout, learn what additional equipment you have access to, and (of course) your score for the workout! J Please let your coach know if you prefer text or phone.
- Ted from Front Door Gourmet will still deliver your delicious meals on Mondays. More details to come.
We are living in interesting days! Working out will help you stay sane in these trying times! 🙂