Philosophy of Forever Young
- We use general CrossFit programming principles, but we modify things a great deal to ensure safety because that’s key to any great fitness program.
- We don’t lift maximum weights. Our priority is moving well 1st, and then moving well consistently 2nd. Only after these two priorities, do we work on strength development with heavier weights. Strength work happens in sets of 3 and 5 at most and we always stay well below absolute limits.
- Proper form is even more important in this age range and mobility is a big concern. We don’t no-rep the 67-year old whose joints won’t allow her to hit depth in a squat. We empower and coach!
- We spend a great deal of time on mobility and warm-ups, which often includes core work.
- Smaller dumbbells, lighter KB’s and med balls are a must. Barbells work, of course, but dumbbells can sometimes be used to work around mobility issues.
- We give them small doses of conditioning while monitoring their intensity. We treat them like athletes, but we don’t push them into the red zone. We simply raise the heart rate and get them working with relative intensity.
- We focus on movements that will improve quality of life: squats, deadlifts, carrying objects, pushing things – all things they’ll do in real life.
Are you ready to sign up? Schedule your FREE INTRO below to get started!